Monday 12 September 2011

.Day One at the SOM.

Hello everybody!

I am aware that is may not be a post everyone will want to read, but it's the reason I set up this blog in the first place and I feel I would be doing my blog a disservice if I didn't follow through on my aim for it.

Today was my first day at the School of Make Up, based in Stockport, a town very close to Manchester. I have waited for this day for what seems like an eternity. In actual fact it was only January when I visited and set my heart on changing my career path (and hopefully my life), here. I am on the 24 week combined course. There is a post further back on my blog with a bit more information and the website details. Click here to read it!

Well, what an amazing day! My group only has seven (lovely) girls on it, so it's fabulous as we will get alot of one on one time with all the tutors. Today I met Elaine Myers-Jones, the school principal. She is a lovely lady and makes you feel at home straight away.

As we did no practical today, this will just be a quick random post! I cannot wait to meet my other tutors, who have worked in things such as Corrie, Emmerdale, Downton Abbey, Captain America and have shot high end fashion shoots for some of the worlds' most prestigious glossy magazines! Elaine says they even take students onto sets if they can - Too excited for words.

Sorry if you don't follow my blog for random posts like this! I will be updating my August favourites and doing some more reviews soon!

I am so excited for the next six months of my life and can't wait to see what the future holds for me!

Kate x

6 comments:

  1. Ooh how exciting! This sounds like such an amazing experience :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather jealous indeed! Good luck, I follow your blog and can't wait to hear about all the exciting things you get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds amazing! have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, Corrie, Jaybelle and Arabella - Thank you so much! I am loving it, what make up addict wouldn't!?

    And Stuart (Dad), thank you and I am thoroughly enjoying it! Love you pops xxxxx

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete