Luckily for me, during my time training I have had plenty of time to try to perfect my dark lipstick application, which meant me cracking out some of my relatively unused lippies to have a little practice on at the weekends. This is when I fell in love with a Rebel. MAC Rebel Lipstick to be precise. Such a gorgeous deep plum purple that suits any skintone.
|Your key to a perfect purple pout!|
My top tips for a long lasting pout:
- Prep lips beforehand, with balm. Wipe off any excess before applying your liner.
- With lipliner always sharpen before use. Begin at the cupids bow, one 'bow' at a time. Go over any white outline you have around your lipline to create a fuller natural lipline. Once the bows are lined, move down each side of your upper lip. I open my mouth slightly at this point which allows me to get right into the corners of my mouth. With your lower lip, start in the middle again, and open your mouth to get into the corners. Lipliner takes time to perfect, but it really can make the difference between an okay look, and an amazing one. Take your time, and as Gary Barlow once said - Have a little patience.
|Apologies for crappy iPhone pic and fleecy PJs.. ;)|
- I ALWAYS use a lip brush to apply a darker lipstick. My favourite is the MAC one, by far. I'd reccommend getting the one with the metal lid, as you can pop it in your handbag for touch ups.
- Apply the first coat of lipstick staying inside the drawn in lipline. If you go over, don't fret. Soak a cotton bud in eye make up remover and sharpen up any lines.
- Now this is the top tip... Blot with a tissue between each coat of lipstick, mattifying your lippie. Then reapply. I normally do about three coats. This always ensures my lipstick stays pretty much perfect for at least a couple of hours, which is something we all want - Strawberry Daiquiri or touch up your lipstick on a night out... I know which one I would choose!
The way I apply my lipstick normally ends up in it staining my lips anyway, so even if it does wear off, it still looks quite nice and worn in.
Hope you are all having a lovely week, it's my 21st on Friday so I am beyond excited. One day I will grow up. That is a lie.